Menu

Australian Shares is the world's biggest free online database of information on Australian resource companies.

Time to Update your company profile
Australian Shares

EASTERN STAR GAS LIMITED

ASX: ESG

The data on Australian Shares.com is intended as a guide only and is compiled from information in the public domain. Data on this website should not be used to make an investment or trading decision.

Description

Eastern Star Gas (ASX:ESG OTCQX:ESGLY), is focused on exploration, development and production of coal seam gas in Australia.

The Company’s main activity, the Narrabri Coal Seam Gas Project, is located in Petroleum Exploration Licence 238 adjacent to the township of Narrabri in the state of New South Wales Australia. ESG holds a 65.0% interest in the PEL 238 and is the Operator. The remaining 35% interest is held by Santos Limited (ASX: STO). PEL 238 covers 7,920 kms² (1.96 million acres) of the Gunnedah Basin, the most lightly explored portion of the Bowen-Gunnedah-Sydney Basin complex which presently supplies a large proportion of Australia’s coal seam gas production. Production testing is underway at four locations; the Bibblewindi vertical pilot, Bibblewindi multi-lateral pilot, Bibblewindi West and Bohena vertical pilot. As at 31 December 2009, certified 2P reserves increased by 152% to 1520 PJ (of which ESG’s net interest is 988 PJ). The updated gas reserves estimate takes into account the flow testing of the multi-lateral production pilots at Bibblewindi and Bibblewindi West, and outstanding results from coreholes and appraisal vertical wells drilled across the Dewhurst area. At the same time certified 3P reserves increased by 43% to 2,797 PJ (of which ESG’s net interest is 1,818 PJ).

Further upgrading of reserves will take place during 2010 in PEL238 through an ongoing corehole programme and production from multi-lateral production pilots, including new pilots to be brought on line Dewhurst and Tintsfield. Like the Bibblewindi multi-lateral pilots, the new pilots will incorporate in-seam, or horizontal wells with a length of around 750 - 1,000m (up to 3,300 feet) drilled perpendicular to the fracture system of the target coal seams. This well design maximises connectivity with the coal, resulting in many times greater flow rates than can be achieved from vertical, fracture-stimulated wells.

Test gas from the production pilots is delivered by flowline to the joint venture’s Wilga Park Power Station which will be expanded to take production test gas in addition to gas currently supplied from ESG’s Coonarah gas field. MOU’s for the supply of gas from PEL 238 have been signed with Macquarie Generation (up to 500 PJ) and Babcock & Brown (up to 40 PJ/a).

Mine For

coal seam gas, oil, gas

Location of operation(s)

New South Wales, Victoria

Address

Level 7, 51 Pitt St
SYDNEY, NSW, AUSTRALIA

Phone

(02) 9251 5599

Email

Website


Last Updated

11/04/2011

 

The data on Australian Shares.com is intended as a guide only and is provided purely as an indication of what information can be found through official announcements. Data on this website should not be used to make an investment or trading decision. All information should be carefully cross-checked against official sources for accuracy. The publisher (Intaanetto Pty Ltd) will not be held liable for any loss arising from the use of this website.