Menu

Australian Shares is the world's biggest free online database of information on Australian resource companies.

Time to Update your company profile
Australian Shares

ENDEAVOUR MINING CORPORATION LTD

ASX: EVR

The data on Australian Shares.com is intended as a guide only and is compiled from information in the public domain. Data on this website should not be used to make an investment or trading decision.

Description

Endeavour is a gold producer. We also hold various advanced-stage development projects and an extensive exploration land position. We have a growth strategy, supported by financial resources and management's company building expertise, to become an intermediate gold producer through strategic acquisitions. The common shares of Endeavour Mining Corporation are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol EDV.

Youga Gold Mine, Burkina Faso

The Youga Gold Mine is located approximately 180 kilometres southeast of Ouagadougou, the capital city of Burkina Faso and is accessible by paved and laterite roads. Endeavour holds a 90% interest in Burkina Mining Company (BMC) which has been granted the rights to exploit the Youga Gold Deposit. The remaining 10% of BMC is held by the Government of Burkina Faso.

The Youga Gold Mine commenced commercial production in mid-2008. Mining is carried out from several open pits with the ore being processed through a conventional gravity-CIL (carbon-in-leach) plant with a design capacity of one million tonnes per annum. As of December 31, 2010 remaining reserves using a US$700 gold price stood at 4.5 Mt at an average grade of 2.5 g/t gold (362,000 oz.) Average gold recovery from the plant for life-of-mine is anticipated to remain steady at 93-94%. Gold production in fiscal 2009 amounted to 64,879 oz. and in 2010 was 82,400 oz. forecast gold production for 2011 is targeted at 84,000 oz. at cash costs of US$610 to US$650 per oz.

Agbaou Gold Project, Cote d'Ivoire

The Agbaou Gold Project in Côte d'Ivoire is Endeavour's most advanced project after Youga. The property covers 469 square kilometres. Agbaou is a feasibility stage project and one of the largest undeveloped gold resources in Côte d'Ivoire.

The Agbaou Gold Project is situated approximately 200 kilometres northwest of the port city of Abidjan. The Project is readily accessible by paved highway and is within 10 kilometres of the national power grid. Endeavour will have an 85% interest in the mining company established to develop Agbaou with the remaining 15% being held by the State of Côte d'Ivoire.

A feasibility study of the Agbaou Project was completed in November 2008 by MDM International Engineering Ltd. and subsequently updated in October 2009 using a US$1,000 per ounce gold price. The Updated Feasibility Study concludes that Agbaou will produce an average of 77,000 ounces per annum over a 9.1 year mine life from a reserve base of 10.9 million tonnes with an average grade of 2.1 grams per tonne. The reserve estimate is 731,000 ounces and was completed by Coffey Mining in accordance with National Instrument 43-101. The study proposes open pit mining of three pits using an owner operated mining fleet with the ore being processed through a conventional gravity-CIL plant with a design capacity of 1.2 million tonnes per annum. The average gold recovery is 91% and the strip ratio is 7:1. Capital costs are estimated at US$106 million and the Company is reviewing options to further reduce these costs. The Company has applied for a mining permit which is pending from the Ivorian administration.

Finkolo Gold Project, Mali

Endeavour's most advanced project in Mali is Finkolo located in Mali approximately 300 kilometres southeast of Bamako. The Finkolo permit is contiguous with the holdings of Resolute Mining Ltd. which host the 6 million ounce (Resolute Mining Limited, Denver Gold Forum, September 2010) Syama Gold Mine. Resolute has earned a 60% interest in the Finkolo project and is managing and funding the exploration and development programs on the joint venture holdings. Under the terms of the Finkolo Joint Venture, Resolute is to fund all costs of the joint venture and Endeavour will reimburse Resolute its 40% share of such costs from 50% of its share of future project cash flow. Going forward, development costs will be funded 60/40 by Resolute and Endeavour.

Mine For

gold

Location of operation(s)

Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali

Address

Level 1 Cayman Corporate Centre 27 Hospital Rd
George Town BWI , Grand Cayman, Grand Cayman

Phone

(1 345) 946 7603

Email

Website


Last Updated

16/12/2011

 

The data on Australian Shares.com is intended as a guide only and is provided purely as an indication of what information can be found through official announcements. Data on this website should not be used to make an investment or trading decision. All information should be carefully cross-checked against official sources for accuracy. The publisher (Intaanetto Pty Ltd) will not be held liable for any loss arising from the use of this website.

Spacious and Lovely Gold Coast Holiday House