Menu

Australian Shares.com is the world's biggest free online database of information on Australian resource companies.

This website has up-to-date details on over 1000 separate listed and unlisted organisations, including what they mine (or explore) for, how much of any given resource they have in the ground, or in reserve, the location of their operations, corporate details, news, links and history. Find out more

Australian Shares

Australian Shares Sparty's Blog

Comments on this blog should never be taken as investment advice

Posts on this website are general "tips" and nothing more than that and should never be used to make an investment or trading decision. All information should be carefully cross-checked against official sources for accuracy. Sparty's posts nearly always relate to companies that he either holds, has held or intends to hold.

Main ForumAlkane 22% HREEs plus Niobium, Hafnium and Tantalum

• Of all the companies on our ASX Alkane Resources (ASX: ALK) is possibly the best placed to play a major role in providing the substrates for our transition to the electron economy. Not only do Alkane have a very large resource with 22% of the vital and critical H-REEs they also have a very large amount of Tantalum and Niobium and a couple of very nice gold mines to pay for their setup costs for the refining of their Rare Earth Elements and they won't be doing the latter in Malaysia.

Below are some highlights from today's ASX announcement: Dubbo Zirconia Project (DZP)

Quarterly Report to 30 September 2012

Improved heavy rare earth recoveries from demonstration pilot plant (DPP)
    operation indicate potential increased yttrium, dysprosium and terbium output
    from the Project

Current anticipated annual revenue around A$450 million does not account for uplift from the rare earth separation JV with Japan's Shin-Etsu Chemical

Environmental Impact Statement is nearing completion and scheduled to be lodged before the end of the year

Interim feasibility study results indicate increase in capital and operating costs but are still subject to further optimisation. The Project remains robust at the conservative costs and revenues

Other process improvements, including water recycling, trialled on the DPP and could lead to additional cost savings

Land and water licence acquisition, and infrastructure development initiated

Core hole TOD003 intersects 107.4 metres grading 1.83% ZrO2, 0.035% HfO2, 0.39% Nb2O5, 0.022% Ta2O5, 0.12% Y2O3, 0.74% REO (TYREO 0.86%) with a heavy rare earth distribution of 22%

Preliminary testing for tantalum recovery has produced promising results

• Alkane is one of my favourite shares. I think they are certain to do well. The Tommingly gold mine, at US$1500/oz by itself should be worth over Au 70c per share. The zirconium and REO mine will make a lot more money. But here is the reason why the share price is so low. How will they raise the 1billion needed to make the mine and processing plant? It should be easy but who knows.

• Hi Sparty, Great info. No deal done and not likely until 2014, but the players are on the court. A hopeful $200mill sale of 10% of the project (even 150 would be good) and with Alkane's share price at 63.5c giving a current market capital of Au$236mill, ... by gosh ALK looks a great buy. I am trying to stay out of the market but... ALK is very tempting. Alite

• Alkane Resources Very High Gold Grades at Caloma Two including 1150g/t March 7th, 2013

7//3/2013
    RC drilling of the Caloma Two deposit within the Tomingley Gold Project (TGP) continues to return strong results including the highest grade intersection recorded within the TGP:

PE 873 1 metre grading 821g/t gold from 196 metres within 9 metres grading 110g/t gold from 194 metres

Other significant RC results
    from Caloma Two include:

PE 833 8 metres grading 328g/t gold from 36 metres

PE 835 10 metres grading 238g/t gold from 37 metres
    and
    5 metres grading 571g/t gold from 75 metres

PE 841 20 metres grading 330g/t gold from 58 metres
    Including
    3 metres grading 102g/t gold from 63 metres

PE 843 26 metres grading 238g/t gold from 174 metres
    including
    2 metres grading 678g/t gold from 198 metres

PE 849 7 metres grading 446g/t gold from 48 metres
    including
    3 metres grading 752g/t gold from 50 metres

PE 856 23 metres grading 246g/t gold from 78 metres
    including
    8 metres grading 425g/t gold from 85 metres

PE 857 8 metres grading 443g/t gold from 80 metres
    including
    2 metres grading 1150g/t gold from 83 metres

PE 858 10 metres grading 322g/t gold from 84 metres
    including
    3 metres grading 611g/t gold from 85 metres
    and
    27 metres grading 200g/t gold from 216 metres
    including
    2 metres grading 679g/t gold from 240 metres

Mouth watering gold grades for one of Australia’s most interesting emerging resource companies with a wonderful suite of resources including strategic metals and rare earth elements plus a couple of emerging gold mines to fund the DZP project.

Previous ALKANE posts

Want to take part in this discussion? Click one of these: Sign In Apply for Membership

Australian Shares Forum Options

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to take part in the discussions, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership