Menu

Australian Shares.com is the world's biggest free online database of information on Australian resource companies.

This website has up-to-date details on over 1000 separate listed and unlisted organisations, including what they mine (or explore) for, how much of any given resource they have in the ground, or in reserve, the location of their operations, corporate details, news, links and history. Find out more

Australian Shares

Australian Shares Sparty's Blog

Comments on this blog should never be taken as investment advice

Posts on this website are general "tips" and nothing more than that and should never be used to make an investment or trading decision. All information should be carefully cross-checked against official sources for accuracy. Sparty's posts nearly always relate to companies that he either holds, has held or intends to hold.

Main ForumGreenland Energy and Minerals Uranium breakthrough

• Many people have their eyes on ASX: GGG as it has the world's largest REE resource and a very small $227m market cap. The low share price is likely due to worry over Greenland's attitude to uranium as the Kvanefjeld deposit is rich in the light and heavy Rare Earth Elements as well as uranium.

GGG's 30th January, 2012 Quarterly activities report states "The highlight of the December Quarter was the introduction of a uranium licensing framework for the Kvanefjeld project. This landmark decision by the government of Greenland provides the Company with the legal right to exploit all material of economic interest from the Kvanefjeld resource (uranium, REEs, zinc).  

The recent news of 2 new zones of broad high grade uranium-REE intercepts are also very encouraging.

I hold GGG and have posted many times about them..

• Sparty, If GGG got the go-ahead to produce REO and Uranium how long would you guess that they could get production happening?

• The Kvanefjeld multi-element project is being designed to cost-effectively contribute toward filling the looming rare earth supply void from 2015 and beyond. http://www.ggg.gl/userfiles/file/In%20the%20News/Technical%20Update-Mine%20Schedule,%20Beneficiation,%20Recoveries.pdf

• So 2015 is and ideal, 2017 is an outside chance... and 2019 is possible. Sparty: there will be public opposition which will extend the process. This is certain

• I think that the RM Research recommendation is well inline with what I have been saying. Once GGG get going they will become the world's largest REE producer with the cost of production entirely off-set by the uranium credits. Their metallurgy and strategy places them as a wonderfully powerful producer..... so yes we might see some mischief similar to the China inspired Malaysian action against LYC's LAMP.

Want to take part in this discussion? Click one of these: Sign In Apply for Membership

Australian Shares Forum Options

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to take part in the discussions, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership